In the spring and in the fall I do some consulting work for the University of Central Florida. This involves going to elementary schools in a specific county and testing students who are participationg in a early reading intervention study. The studnts I was testing today were 1st graders. In between sessions of testing I was chatting with one of the first grade boys, asking him if he was having a good day, etc. This is how the conversation ended up . . .
Me: (seeing that he has a football shirt on) Do you like to play football?
Student: Yeah, but I like baseball better . . .
Student: Do you have a son?
Me: Yes, I have two, but they are little. They are two and four
Student: Where your honey at?
Me: What?!! (I'm not sure if I said this out loud or not, but it took me a minute to process what he said)
Me: He's teaching
Student: He teach here?
Me: No he teaches in a high school
Student: When I be older, I'll go to high school
By this time I was dying and it was his turn to be tested again, but it was oh such a fun conversation!!!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment